Each year we do an inventory of all our club equipment so that we know what state everything is in and what we need to replace/repair.
This years inventory is on at the cages this Thursday April 10th at 6pm sharp. I need as many people as possible to come along to help out. That means you!
I will arrange some pizza and drinks vouchers for anyone who helps out. So we can have a bit of a social in the Fran Well when we’re done. If you don’t help out you don’t get pizza!
Please send me an email to confirm you are coming (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See you Thursday!
I am planning some dives on St. Patrick’s day (Next Monday, March 17th). We won’t be going too far (Probably just Oysterhaven).
Send me an email at email@example.com if you want to come along and let me know if you can drive down.
I’m posting this from the committee meeting; it looks like 2014 is going to be a big year for the club!
After discussing it, we’ve decided to break up the deadline for payments. €240 is a lot for people to put together at short notice, so we’re OK to take money in instalments. Here is what we need, when we need it, and how to get it to us:
WHAT AND WHEN
- €135 for snorkelling gear and log book by Tuesday 8 October;
- €50 for CFT membership by Tuesday 5 November;
- €50 for the equipment levy by Tuesday 12 November.
These are the latest dates we can reasonably manage. We need to place the order for snorkelling gear and logbooks as soon as possible, so that you guys can start training. We will need CFT membership in order to insure people for the weekend away in Baltimore, and we’ll need the equipment levy before we do scuba training in the NMCI.
You are welcome to pay the full whack up-front if that’s more convenient for you, of course.
HOW TO PAY
You can pay in either of two ways.
- By cash or cheque (made out to “UCC Subaqua Club”) at the P.E. Office, located in Ferry Lodge, close to the Mardyke Arena and marked on this Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/Fblut
- By lodging it directly into the UCC Clubs account using the details below. If you do this, it is extremely important to REFERENCE THE SUBAQUA CLUB WHEN MAKING THE LODGEMENT. It’s one big account that all the clubs use, so if you don’t specify Subaqua when putting the money in, it will float around until somebody claims it. For safety’s sake, consider emailing me when you’ve made the lodgement to confirm.
|| Bank of Ireland
|| UCC Clubs Account
|| 90 96 95
Please don’t bring cash to the lectures. It’s not fair to expect instructors to look after potentially hundreds of Euro of your money.
We don’t want the issue of money to be more of a problem for people than it absolutely has to be. The €135 is non-negotiable — we simply have to get the equipment for you in time to start training — but if you have some sort of issue with the subsequent dates, please email me and we’ll do our best to come to some arrangement.
Hi Guys. Just a reminder that tomorrow’s lecture (Tuesday 6th November) is on dive tables. This lecture is mandatory for everybody. This includes anyone crossing over from another dive organisation.
Hey guys the 24th of November is the day in the NMCI. We have a night out organised in Sober Lane that night at 8 O’Clock. Few drinks and there will be pizza!! A night not to be missed! Book it off NOW!
The snorkel training in the Mardyke will not begin until next Tuesday 22nd October. This is because our gear supplier has not yet received the booties. We should have all the gear by next week. Anyone who has not yet completed their pool fitness test must do so tomorrow night (the 16th) after the lectures. Please let us know if you not yet done your pool test. We will only arrange this for tomorrow if people let us know we need to.